Monday, January 30, 2017

Cotton Candy!

Alright.... for anyone looking to serve a Mission I'm just warning you now… It is hard!!!! Hahaha 
And probably the most tired you'll ever be in your life! But I can also promise you it will be the most rewarding thing you will ever do in your life! There are so many awesome people we are teaching... and they are growing closer to Christ, and it is so amazing to see!! 

This week I have been reading from the a book of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon. King a Benjamin is a boss!  I love him a lot.  In his address to the people he leads by example.  He serves his fellow man and he doesn't expect anything in return.  Awesome!  How can we ever repay the debt we owe to the Savior?  He paid a debt He did not owe to free us from a debt we can never pay.  Because of Him we will live forever.  Because of His infinite Atonement, our sins can be swept away, allowing us to experience the greatest of all the gifts of God: Eternal life

An act of faith...being diligently bold!  I have tried to exercise my faith this week by being diligently Bold!  And my oh my has it been successful.  I use my over zealous personality and won't take no for an answer haha.  Sometimes it doesn't always work out...but I have seen the blessings come from not being "afraid" to testify of Christ.  But who I have really loved lately is Abinadi!  He says so many things to the wicked King Noah that get you thinking.  Some of my favorites have been.... 

" he have not applied your hearts to understanding " Mosiah 12:27 
"Do not walk in the desires of our own hearts." Mosiah 10:11 
"Salvation doth not come by the law alone." Mosiah 13:28 
"I am unworthy to Glory in myself!"Mosiah 23:11
"They Should Impart of Their Substance of Their Own Free Will” Mosiah 18:28

I invite you to humble yourself and to pick one of the above scriptures and study it this week. How does it apply to your life? How will this help me and my family grow closer to Christ? 

Some “are compelled to be humble … for a man sometimes, if he is compelled to be humble, seeketh repentance” (Alma 32:13), and “blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble” (verse 16). Humble ourselves because we want to. Not because we are compelled to. Something I have greatly learned this week. 

We are continuing to teach the awesome family we met last week. And they continue to grow closer to baptism and entering into that covenant.  I'm excited to see where time, effort, and study takes them.  We are working with the Water family and the Miller family and the Ellington family. We have been blessed with teaching families who both parents are wanting or have a desire to learn more about the gospel as well as their children. I swear this never happens!  I am so blessed to be in Reynoldsburg serving with sister Hopkins. Life. Is. Great. And God is good.

I love being a Sister Missionary! Hope all is well! 

. . . we lived after the manner of happiness”  2Nephi 5:27

1. Pick of an event we did with our ward on Saturday
2. The district… Part three… Coming to theaters near you May 2017
3. When I was baptized:) My goal for all my investigators 
4. My girls





No comments:

Post a Comment