Monday, January 23, 2017

A Cup of Sunshine

This week has been truly amazing!!! It was so sunny and warm this
week- highs 60s and lots of Miracles happened this week! I am so
grateful to be a missionary!

So first of all, my new companion Sister Hopkins, suggested us fasting
on Friday and Saturday to find those who are ready to receive the
Gospel. We all know how much I love food and how hard regular Fast
Sundays are for me...but I decided to put my faith in the Lord and
Fasted all weekend! And you know what happened!? We got 4 people on date
to be baptized!!!!!!! A family!!! We had been praying to find a family
that is ready!!

So on Friday right after we finished our Fasting Prayer we knocked on
a door that we had previously knocked before. Previously when we
knocked A man named Danny answered and we gave him a pass along card
and explained our purpose as missionaries. When we came back on Friday,
his wife, Becca answered. She immediately asked us, "are you the
Sisters that spoke with my husband?" We told her yes! She then
instantly invited us in!! She had us sit at the table with her, Danny
and their 9 year old Daughter Emma!! I love the Miller family! We
taught them the restoration!  It was so spiritual and powerful! We
then extended baptism and they are going to be baptized! Crazy! We
just hope that Sister Hopkins will be able to see them baptized before
she has to go home next month...

Speaking of going home.... my last companion, Sister Clark went home
this morning!! I was so sad when I found out. She has to go home
because of stomach problems she has had over the last 2 months. It was
tough being companions only because she couldn't go out and work, and
she had such a huge desire to work. I know that everything happens for
a reason, and God will take care of her. It's all about walking in
faith.

Something I have learned on my mission is that true faith must be in
Jesus Christ, and not measured on the outcome! Knowing that has taught
me to submit and yield myself unto God.

I was reading Mosiah in the Book of Mormon this week, and I am so
fascinated by King Benjamin's address to the people of Zarahemla.
Service! My life's mission is to serve others.
"Conversion means consecrating your life to caring for and serving
others who need your help and sharing your gifts and blessings…"
-Robert J. Whetten

The service we render to others can be used to measure the depth of
our personal conversion. Every selfless and kind act the tube
virtuality. God will use us to bless others. Mosiah 2: 17. Serving
others is vital to our spiritual conversion.

Take some time this week to serve someone else. Whether that be your
children, parents, a friend etc. I know that as we do so we will come
closer to God!

1. Sister Hopkins and I after Zone Conference
2. Ohio is obsessed with themselves
3. Can't beat the cup of Sun
4. Full time Car area! Yay and warm weather
5. Columbus
6. Columbus 2
7. Got milk? Nah, but we got Bedbugs. Thank you God for teaching me
how to not be a 👸👊🏽
8. Life goals, Found a black Bob Ross💕











No comments:

Post a Comment