Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli

"Throughout the Book of Mormon, we read of the promise made by the Lord that
“Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandment ye shall prosper in the land”
and the warning that,
“and inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence.”
Sister Daines and I have enjoyed finding this promise repeated time and time again.  We have also noticed when that promise has been fulfilled, such as in 2 Nephi 5:20 when the Lamanites were cut off from the presence of the Lord – including losing access to - prophecy, scriptures and the temple.There are many instances where the people of Nephi were blessed with riches and other material blessings because of their obedience.  Showing that the Lord does keep his promises. But it is also important to notice when the Lord keeps his promise in ways that we might not easily recognize, because it is not how we expected.  A good example of this is found in our reading this morning in Omni 1:12 where the Lord warned king Mosiah to flee out of the land of Nephi.How can leaving your home and much of your worldly goods be a fulfillment of a promised blessing to prosper? They were prospered because they were protected from their enemies and continued to live.  Mormon teaches this principle in Alma 18:15Look for ways in which the Lord is keeping His promises to you as you continue to diligently strive to serve and obey His commandments with exactness.  If you look, you will see the hand of the Lord in your lives and in this work." -President Daines 

I really love this insight and I thought that it would be helpful and applicable for people to read. Sometimes following The Lords Commandments can be really challenging and hard… But the promised blessings are worth it. My mission president is awesome! He is very spiritually in tune and you can tell he loves us missionaries very much. I i'm grateful for his insights and direction for us missionaries.

I have been transferred to Reynoldsburg! I live in Pataskala and serve partially in the town of Pataskala, but technically the area is Reynoldsburg. It is a huge area and very different from Beavercreek! But I love it here already! My companions name is Sister Hopkins! She is awesome! She is very spiritual and she has an enormous love for the people she serves. I love Being her companion. She is already taught me so much. Unfortunately, she leaves in six weeks. She is almost done with her mission! And it makes me so sad to think about. But I am excited for her to move on into the unknown world. She is going to be one of those awkward missionaries though .... hahahaha 

I love being a missionary and I love serving. There is no greater work I could be doing. Thank you all for your love and support, I hope all is well!


No comments:

Post a Comment