Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Banana Pancakes

Yo yo yo.

This week has gone by pretty fast. Sister Hopkins leaves tomorrow! So
I will for sure be getting a new companion. I will find out later
today who that will be :-)

This week I have been focusing on being courageous and submissive.
Trying to please others before pleasing God is for the weak of faith,
a major stumbling block. Don't be afraid to offend when doing
what is right. I have learned to have courage to stand up for what I
believe in. The Savior always faced hisFfather. He loved and served his
fellow man. But he died not wanting honor from them. "Not my own will
but the will of the father which has sent me." John 5:30.  Christ's
amazing and inspiring example helps me to stand up for the Father and
gives me the power to never cower from the intimidation of any man.

Matthew 6:24, 3 Nephi 13:24
"The guilty taketh the truth to be hard for it cut of them to the very
center." 1 Nephi 16:2. This is something I constantly have in the back
of my mind when we are teaching others who defend their sins and
mistakes. I am not hear to judge I am here to be a guide those who
are humble enough to change.

Understanding which way I face helps me understand my true and full
potential. Missions are hard!  We are rejected and often misunderstood.
But I wouldn't change any of it… Even if I could… Because when we have
moments of success it makes all of the hardships worthwhile. Those
rewarding moments come from the spirit. When the spirit touches a
heart/soul for eternal good. My potential is great! Untapped.

It will not be easy, but when was anything worth it easy?

"Satan is the master at making sin look appealing to the undecided."
-someone unknown haha

We are still teaching the Walters family. They weren't able to come to
church this Sunday but we had a really good lesson with them
yesterday:) I love them so much! They are set to still be baptized in
March, they just need their mom's permission. They don't live with her
but she is against the Mormon religion and doesn't approve of her kids
wanting to be baptized. She says that they are too young to know what they
really want. It's really sad to see a parent who doesn't want to
accept the desires of their children's hearts. Especially being as
pure as they are. But we continue to pray and hope that their mother's
heart will be softened.

We have been teaching a young girl named Mayana. She is seven years
old. Even though she would technically not be a convert if she was
baptized when she turns eight we are still teaching her because her
parents aren't Mormon. She turns eight on the 25th of this month. She
understands so much and as a desire to be baptized on March 4th. She
is amazing...everyone calls her my mini me. We are very similar in
many ways...including looks:)  On Sunday Sister Hopkins gave a talk, so
she was sitting up on the stand. I was sitting alone with Mayana. A
couple who I haven't met in the ward yet thought I was her mom. They
asked me..."you're such a cute mom! Where is her father?" Hahahahahaha
I was like, can't you see my tag? I'm a missionary teaching Mayana.
Not her mom hahaha. Always embracing the awkward.

We are teaching a lot of people who are needing guidance and
Christlike love in their life. It's so amazing to be surrounded by so
many humble people! I love being a missionary!!! ❤️

Hope y'all are having a good week! Xoxox




No comments:

Post a Comment