Monday, February 13, 2017

Assorted Chocolates!

Happy Valentines Day!!! (Tomorrow)

This week I got 4 Wendy's gift cards from members!!! Let's just say my
love for Wendy's is spreading around the whole mission!! Lol 😝
💕💕👏🏽

This week was great! We are rounding up all our investigators. We have
been teaching a Less Active fir a while... his name is Tony Maston.
Well we've been looking for his records for some time now. He was
baptized when he was 10 but can't remember anything about the event
and has been inactive since he was 11. We have been teaching him all
the lessons and just found out he can be re baptized!! He is set to be
baptized mid March!! However, his wife is a devoted Lutheran. Wphes
trying to get her permission to be baptized!

Alyssa and Allison are still progressing! I love them so much! They
are also getting baptized in March! So much success comes from Fast
and Prayer!! I know that to be true! I have definitely gained a
testimony of Fasting on my mission.

This week I have been focusing a lot on patience. And the Power of
patience! Often, I hear investigators ask foolishly, “How could God do
this to me?” when really they should be praying for strength to
“beareth” and “endureth all things.” The greatest scriptural examples
of patience are found in the life of Jesus Christ. He endured that
excruciating night in Gethsemane as He asked God in His atoning agony,
“O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me:
nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt” (Matthew 26:39). He
truly suffered and bore and endured all things. And when He was nailed
to the cross, Christ continued in His perfect example of patience as
He said, “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." Wow.
What an amazing example Christ has set for us. I have learned that
Patience is a gateway virtue. It contributes to the growth of its
fellow virtues of forgiveness, tolerance, charity, obedience, and
faith. ETC.  When Peter asked Christ how many times he should forgive
his brother, Christ replied, “Seventy times seven,” rather than the
original seven times Peter was willing to forgive. To forgive seventy
times seven certainly takes a large measure of patience.

I know I must be patient as I wait for the miracles to come as I
continue to pray for them. We can all pray for opportunities to share
the gospel and to be a light and an example and to others. No matter
if we have a missionary name tag or not. We have so many tools such as
social media... Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, texting,
Snapchat, you get the picture. We can use these tools to help hasten
the work and send messages and pictures and videos to people to help
uplift them and bring them closer to Christ. What a blessing God has
given us to be able to reach out to anyone at any time all around the
world. We as missionaries, have been inviting all to use social media
to help bring their fellow brothers and sisters to God.

I love this time to be a missionary. I have learned so much! And I
continue to Learn, I just need to be patient and the blessings will
come as I continue in faith.

If you are like me, and struggle being patient… Pray for patience and
I can promise you the Lord will help you. Even if it means testing
your patience by giving you a hard trial. I know without a doubt you
will grow and receive the answer to your prayer. I know, because I
have. Always be willing to forgive 70x7:)



No comments:

Post a Comment