Thursday, October 6, 2016

P-Day! Wed Oct 5th

Hello from the MTC! 

Surprisingly I love it here at the MTC. The food is pretty good. Not terrible, not great haha. There is a total of 12 missionaries in our district. 8 Elders and 4 Sisters. All the sisters in our district are going to Columbus, Ohio. 4 Elders are going Utica, New York, and the other 4 are going to Omaha, Nebraska. So we are all pretty close geographically.

I love everyone in my district! I love my teachers, and I especially love my Companion (Sister Empey.) I feel healthy and happy! My companion and I work out every day. We run to the Temple and then usually play volley ball or soccer. We pretty much like doing the same things. We also both play the violin, so sometimes we take our personal time to practice together:) Today we did a session in the old Provo temple, and it was such a spiritual experience. If you ever get the chance I recommend doing a session there because the inside is so beautiful! 

I stay really busy here. I constantly have something I have to do or somewhere I have to be. I did not realize how much I love studying the scriptures. Every morning I wake up and I can't wait to dive into my scriptures! I have learned so much already and it has only been 1 week. Time is going by so fast. I feel like I just got here yesterday. 

General Conference was amazing!! It is 10x better watching as a missionary. And I stayed awake the whole time, all five sessions including the women's conference...THAT NEVER HAPPENS lol. My favorite talk was by Evan A. Shmutz. If you have time I urge you to go watch it. He posed a question to the congregation asking "Why do bad things happen to good people." He answered saying "God allows sorrow into our lives, God invites us to respond with faith." I love that because with trials that expand our growth, our faith grows as well. With greater faith comes a greater love for our Father in Heaven and for Jesus Christ. 

I love you all and I do miss you so much! I can't wait to see my family again. But that is what is so great...I will be able to see them again. Right now, I am focusing on the work and my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ. 

PEACE AND BLESSINGS!!

LOVE, 

Sister McCormick 

No comments:

Post a Comment