Monday, October 31, 2016

Bike Week!

Hello.... it's me... 🎤

So much has happened this week I don't know where to start. First of all... it was Bike week last week. We have a car the we share with the sisters in the area next to us. Every other week we have the car. Luckily our area is one of the smallest in the whole mission so biking is not that bad. But it definitely helps me stay in shape! At least I look so cool in my bike helmet haha. Riding a bike in a skirt is also not as challenging as I thought it would be. Sore your skirt gets stuck in your bike chain every once in a while... but what is a few crashes here and there. 

 I have been teaching a Cambodian family and on Friday we invited all 4 of them to be baptized on December 31st, and they all said YES!! I am so happy and excited for them. One of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had. The parents of the family do not speak very good English, however, even though there is a language barrier they understand the spirit. The gospel speaks for itself. Let the spirit speak and somehow they will understand. They came to church for the first time on Sunday, and told us they really enjoyed it! My companion and I have a total of 6 people on date to be baptized. (The Cambodian family, Robyn, and Deb) and I have only been here for almost 2 weeks! My companion and I have been told that the area we are in is one of the lowest baptizing areas. The bishop and previous missionaries who served here have told us not to expect to have a lot of baptism. Wr already have 6 people who have agreed to be baptized after teaching them only three sometimes two times. The spirit is so strong. We do not the let that stop us. We both agreed to hit the ground running and to talk to as many people as we can and it has payed off. It shows that good and hard work does not go unnoticed by God. He will put people in our path who are ready and if we are ready to teach them as well. Sister Clark and I joke about how everyone had little faith in us. But it's not really us, it's the gospel and the Holy Ghost converting the people we talk with. We are just the Lord's messengers. I got to give credit where credit is due haha. 

Sister Clark and I get a long really well. Every day we grow closer and closer. Sure, there are times where we get on each other's nerves but we love each other deeply. I am very grateful for her. 

Happy Halloween! Saturday night we had our ward trunk or Treat. It was so fun! We passed our candy and pass along cards with a picture of Jesus on them. Sister Clark put a card in a little girls (maybe 4 years old) Halloween bag. The little girl opened her bag, looked in it, pulled out the card to examine it. The look on her face was "what exactly did she just put on my bag?" She turned to us, pointed at us, and said Jesus is NOT candy. And handed it back. Haha I love how honest children are. 

My Beavercreek ward is amazing! It's one of the smallest areas of the whole mission, but I love it. Everyone in the ward is so friendly and excited to see us. My favorite person in the ward is probably Brother Hubbard. Brother Hubbard was baptized on March 7th of 2016. So he is a very recent convert. However his testimony is so strong, and he relates almost everything to Star Wars!! We hold Book of Mormon class every Tuesday night, and he always attends. Last week we were reading from Alma chapter 32. We were talking about how people tend to take the road less traveled... and Brother Hubbard chipped in with a quote from Yoda, "if you take the quick and easy path as Vador did you will be become an agent of evil." I also noticed thatevery time we read a verse where the adversary wad involved he would always say "it's a trap"! He also loves cars. Works on HotRods Josh and Ben would love him!! 

I would invite you to read Alma Chapter 32. What I got out of it is that we all have the ability to plant the seed of the Gospel in someone. The seed becomes dormant but knowledge grows out of the seed. As You spiritually progress and your tree will grow. ALMA 32:34

This Gospel is true. Without a doubt. Although people may reject the message, we at least bring them the knowledge of the gospel and the option to accept it or reject it. I love being set apart to be an instrument in the hand of God to Bring some soul unto repentance. Love this work! 

My one Month day was on Friday:) Yippie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment