Thursday, December 1, 2016

MEAT

I do not have a whole lot of time to write at the moment. Transfers are tomorrow then we got transfer calls earlier today. I will be staying in Beavercreek with sister Clark! I am really happy that we will continue to teach our investigators and continue to help the ward and members grow spiritually. I have gotten to know and love the members of Beavercreek so well, and I love the people that I am teaching. I am excited to find more people in Beavercreek to teach. This is just me, but I have a feeling I'll be in this area for a very long time.

Thanksgiving was awesome! I am going to try this thing called being a vegetarian. I'll let you know how long I last. Haha I am also trying to learn French, but that's another story. I ate at a members home and then we taught a few lessons throughout the day about giving thanks for what we have. It was interesting not being home with my own family, but I wouldn't change it for anything. Christmas is coming up! I'm really excited to experience Christmas on the mission! I am excited to teach people about the true meaning of Christmas. I think a lot of the time people get mixed up in the presence and decorations and craziness of Christmas… But we must remember that it's all centered in Christ. 

I am really happy to be serving a mission and I am very lucky to be serving during the holidays. Everyday on the mission is a blessing. I not only get the opportunity to teach the gospel, but I get the opportunity to learn more about the gospel and to build upon what I already know. My testimony is already grown so much and I can't wait to continue to progress and to realize my true potential. I get caught up in perfection, how I will never be perfect. It's a concern that I've always had, and a realization that I have recently experienced. That I can not teach true perfection. But I will always progress. There is a quote that I love I may have already shared it but I can't remember ha ha Ha…

"I do not think the Lord expects immediate perfection of us, but I do believe he expects immediate progress, and with that progress comes consecration. "
Tad R Callister 

I constantly think about this every day. The great thing to reflect on. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday and I will talk to you all on Monday XO XO XO

Been out for two months! 

Love, 

Sister McCormick 💖
Alma 37:37 
Alma 29:9



No comments:

Post a Comment