Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Cookies and Milk


Merry Christmas!

First of all… I want to say thank you to everyone who sent me
Christmas cards and packages! That was so sweet of everybody and it
made me feel so loved. It is amazing how Blessed I am. I am working on
thank you notes… Please be patient. I promise you I will get one
eventually ha ha Ha.

Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas!

Christmas is truly an amazing time to share the gospel with everyone.
For some reason people are more willing to hear our message and to let
us in their homes. I'm very grateful for the spirit that Christmas
brings, and the love and softened hearts people have. Sister Clark and
I have been working really hard to find people who are ready to hear
the gospel. It can be very challenging at times and I sure you this is
probably the hardest thing I have done so far in my life, but it is
well worth it. I get to see people change. And that is truly worth it.

Dahni and Sakonni are out of town this coming week so we moved their
baptism date to January 7! I am really really excited for them. They
have expressed that they are so excited to get baptized and to be
official members of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints.
They are truly amazing girls and they deserve all the happiness and
joy the gospel brings in their life.

we have been teaching a man named Dale. He is an older gentleman,
around 80 years old. His wife passed away about a year ago. He is a
delightful man and very sweet to us. But he does not understand the
concept of God and has a hard time believing in the plan of salvation.
He doesn't know for sure if he will see his wife again. He lacks
faith. We have expressed to him that there is a God and that the only
way he can know for himself is if he prays about it and really asked
God if he is there. I know that if he does so God will answer his
prayers. But he being the stubborn old man he is, will not pray.
Sister Clark and I love them very much and it is frustrating and hard
to see someone struggle when you have the answers to their problems
right in front of them, but they refused to take it. It is an
interesting perspective I have being a missionary. He dropped this a
few weeks ago but we have managed to keep teaching him :-) keep Dale
in your prayers please.

I was reading and studying 3 Nephi this week. 3 Nephi chapter 1 is
when Christ is born. 3 Nephi 1:13 is one of my favorite verses. It
reads, "Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time
is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the
morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will
fulfil all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my
holy prophets." I love this verse because it shows that we to believe
in the birth of Christ. And that the sign (Star) was seen from all
over the world. For me, it really puts things into perspective. I know
that Christ is the savior and redeemer of the world. I am very
thankful for everything that he has done for me personally. He atone
for my sins and for your sins as well. He knows the way. He came to
this earth to set the ultimate example and to die for us. "For this
cause I came into the world." I know that no matter what we are going
through in our lives if we humble ourselves, and pray to our father in
heaven and asked for forgiveness by taking the proper repentance steps
we can be forgiven. All we need to do is rely on the atonement of
Jesus Christ then correct ourselves. Through faith, repentance,
baptism, receiving the youth of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end
we will be saved.

Xoxoxo
Love,

Sister McCormick 💖

Alma 29:9




No comments:

Post a Comment