Monday, April 10, 2017

Baked Beans

Hello beautiful people.

My new companion is Sister Holbrook! She is 20, 5'2", from AZ and
super cute! I love her lots! I'm still in Reynoldsburg and loving it
here! This area has really grown on me:)

I have been studying the importance of Joy this week. What is joy? Joy
is being happiness without cause or environment. President Hinckley
was a great example for having true joy.
How we can cultivate an attitude of happiness and a spirit of optimism.

President Hinckley's mother said, “a happy attitude and smiling
countenance could boost one over almost any misfortune and that every
individual was responsible for his own happiness.” I love this. Owning
up to our own joy. She also said," Cynics do not contribute, skeptics
do not create, doubters do not achieve." Having a positive attitude
and being joyful can bring us great opportunities in our lives. I have
guilty of struggling with being frustrated and sad depending on my
circumstances over the last few days. But it affects the work. It
affects the area,a don people around me. I realize that things tend to
go better when we have a joyful attitude and are optimistic. We choose
to be optimistic. Every day ought to be a good day in the mission
field.

People who are happy do not waste time pondering the past or fretting
about the future. And they persevere in spite of adversity.  Elder
Holland said, "Things will work out’ may well be President Hinckley’s
most repeated assurance to family, friends, and associates. ‘Keep
trying,’ he will say. ‘Be believing. Be happy. Don’t get discouraged.
Things will work out.’”

I know that even though things may not go the way we want they will
work out. We have every reason to be optimistic in this world. I have
too many blessings given to me and around me… That it would be
disrespectful to God if I wasn't happy. Stop seeking out the storms
and enjoy the sunlight I have been told.

And what a great and happy time to be celebrating the resurrection of
our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!! Easter is coming up, and I am
beyond excited!!! I can't wait for Easter Sunday. Take this week to
count your many blessings and to find the joys in life. It may be hard
at times, but it will be worth it:) I promise.




No comments:

Post a Comment