Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Chicken and Waffles!

Hello everyone.

The thing I have miss most from back home is my mothers Chicken and
waffles. (Chancy, I know you would agree with me.)

This week has gone by crazy fast. Today we had the opportunity to go
to the Air Force base and take a tour. I attached some pictures.
Almost every member of the Beavercreek ward has at least one person in
their family who works on base. It's a military area. I love the
patriotism and the love for our country in the area I am currently in.

I know there is a lot of people talking about the election. A lot of
crazy things being said. I saw a quote on a billboard that said, "If
the donkey and the elephant let you down, turn to the Lamb." I want to
invite everyone to turn to God during this time. To really review and
evaluate your thoughts and actions. Are we being Christlike?

My companion has been pretty sick over the last week. Seems to be
getting worse. She received a Priesthood blessing from some Brothers
in our ward the other night. We pray she gets better soon.

We have been teaching a 14 year old boy named Logan. His family is not
LDS but his best friend Cooper is, and has always set a good example
and been a light to Logan. We usually have his lessons at Coopers home
with his family. He has just accepted int invitation to be baptized on
Dec 31 7 baptisms for the month of December. Crazy. We just
pray and do our best to keep them on the right path so that the
adversary can not persuade them otherwise. I will attach a picture of
Logan and Cooper and Coopers family. We taught the plan of Salvation.
We had Logan and Cooper draw it out, so the drawing has a lot of
personality (see pic) hahaha.

Thank you everyone for your emails, letters, and packages. They really
do lift my spirits! I love Ohio, and the people here. I will be sad to
move areas. Transfers are coming up and I hope I stay in Beavercreek
but we shall see. The Lord will send me wherever I need to go:) I know
that.

PEACE AND BLESSINGS!

3702 E Patterson RD. Apt A
Beavercreek, OH 45430

Love,
Sister McCormick 💖

Alma 29:9





No comments:

Post a Comment